Click heading to expand.
Homeopathic Medicine is holistic form of medicine; each aspect of the patient’s physical, mental and emotional state are taken into account. All these aspects are inter-related and affect a person’s overall health.
The 3 main goals of Homoeopathic Medicine are:
- To restore health by strengthening the body’s immune system
- Balance the body’s endocrine system
- Help the patient cope with emotional stressors and psychological traumas
Key Concepts of Homoeopathic Medicine:
- Homoeopathic Medicine seeks to stimulate the body’s defense mechanisms and processes so as to prevent and treat illnesses.
- Homoeopathic treatment involves giving very small doses of substances that would produce similar symptoms of illness in healthy people if they were given in large doses.
- Homoeopathic treatment is individualized (tailored to each person). Dr. Kumar will select Homoeopathic Medicines according to the whole picture of the patient; not only the symptoms of the illness but also the lifestyle, emotional and mental states, and other factors.
- Homoeopathy is a therapeutic form of medicine which uses natural substances in micro-doses to stimulate the natural healing mechanisms.Homoeopathic medicines are therapeutically active micro-doses of botanical, biological and mineral substances. They are safe and have been used for over 200 years in over 65 countries.
- Homoeopathic Medicines are regulated by Health Canada.
- Homoeopathic Medicines can be used to treat both acute and chronic conditions such as – allergies, colds, bacterial infection, arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety, to name a few.
- With an estimated 500 million people being treated by Homoeopathy, the World Health Organization (WHO) ranks Homoeopathic Medicine as the second most widely used form of medicine in the world.
- Homoeopathic Medicine is not a placebo. Homoeopathic Medicines have been proven to be effective in the treatment of babies and animals, who have no preconceptions.
- Celebrities such as Tina Turner, Cher, Cindy Crawford, Jude Law, David Beckham, Sir Paul Mc Cartney, Sir Richard Branson and the Royal family all use Homoeopathic Medicine.
- Until 1956 Homoeopathic Medicine was regulated in the Manitoba Medical Act.
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is an altered state of awareness where the body is deeply relaxed and the mind sharply focused and receptive to therapeutic suggestion.
With the guidance of a hypnotherapist you easily enter a very enjoyable very aware and relaxed state.
When deeply relaxed, the mind supports desired changes in thinking, mood and behavior at a very profound level.
A common myth about Hypnosis is that you will lose consciousness. Hypnosis is an altered state of consciousness, and you do not become unconscious.
You will be highly aware at all times and understand everything the Hypnotherapist is saying.
You are always an active participant in the hypnotic experience. You have complete control over the suggestions you accept. The suggestions are the changes, often in your words, that you wish to make.
How will Hypnosis help me?
Hypnosis enables you to alter habits, reduce stress and achieve your goals. You easily access all the information, skills and motivation to make the changes you want to make.
Hypnosis is highly effective for anxiety, phobias, stress reduction, becoming and non-smoker, sports performance, creative and academic performance, insomnia, pain control, weight loss and a wide range of other applications.
Adapted from Roman Buchok B.A. C.Ht.©
Change Your Mind*Change Your Life
Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key)
The word Reiki is a Japanese kanji for Rei or Universal; “meaning it is present everywhere, more accurately, a higher knowledge or spiritual consciousness.”1. Ki or life-force energy, is “the non-physical energy that animates all living things”1, similar to Chinese; Chi, in Sanskrit; Prana, and the Hawaiian, Ki or Ti. Ki is also the “primary energy expression of our emotions, thoughts and spiritual life.”; our body, mind and Spirit.
“Reiki is a holistic, energy-based modality.” It helps to reduce stress and promote a state of relaxation and wellness, treating the whole person. Reiki helps re-establish a more balance flow of energy (ki) throughout the system, this in turn may help enhance and accelerate the bodies innate healing ability.
The Practitioner places their hands either on or just above the clients body, allowing the energy to flow through their body. Reiki will adjust to the appropriate level for each individual.
“The knowledge that unseen energy flows through all living things, and directly corresponds to one’s quality of health, is part of the wisdom of many cultures since ancient times. The existence of “life force energy” has been verified by recent scientific experiments. Many members of the health-care community now embrace the role that Reiki plays in bolstering the immune system, aiding in detoxification and overall healing.” The American Institute of Holistic Theology, 2009
Reiki treats the whole person; body, mind and spirit. The benefits of Reiki have included relaxation and feelings of calm, security and well-being. “Many people have reported miraculous results from Reiki energies. ”2 Reiki is a safe, easy, and natural method of spiritual healing and self-empowerment, for All.
Adapted from 1) William Lee Rand, ‘The Healing Touch’
2)The Canadian Reiki Association